Monday, May 21, 2012

Surprise banana


My 
eyes focus
 wide on the black screen as I smell my own dirty hair. I would like to properly wash it
But I don’t have access to the water temperature that I desire.
I am full of discomfort this morning. All I have is discomfort stacked tall up to the ceiling,
The roof of my brain.
I crack
And creak
As I sit and move my head from left
To right-
To left.
Somehow,
 I woke up this morning;
I woke up and
I was naked,
Groggy,
Foggy
And disoriented.
I turned over to get used to the bright atmosphere fighting with my windows.
And There was a half-eaten banana perched on my pillow next to me.

I blinked
and opened my eyes to try to understand reality again.
I didn’t end up finishing this particular banana,
Though it did look fine
Still Mostly covered in rhine.
I moved the banana slowly from my pillow to
The table with a sigh.
I ate half of a grapefruit instead.

The banana is still half-consumed, and staring at me from my bed-side table.
I shudder when I look at it…
As it becomes blacker and blacker,
But instead I dream about toast covered in pesto,
Homemade-home-fries,
Epic Spinach-onion-mushroom-tomato-avocado-omelettes
And Big veggie benedicts covered in hollandaise sauce.
Mmmm, internal cry,
And Sigh
To My tired
 eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment