Monday, May 2, 2011

I ventured out of my home

I ventured out of my home
Due to the welcome extra light
that greeted me past five.
I stepped over my threshold
to meet the wonders of the cool breezes
they surrounded me.
I walked towards the swings.
That is what I wanted,
to swing and read,
Read and swing
as the daylight left this atmosphere.
I walked a block, or less
I stomped
I stepped
I crossed the asphalt, formerly known as “the street.”
Towards the swings,
to read and swing
and read and swing.
And suddenly what surrounded me,
But a quiet click, or tap
And my face was painted with water droplets.
I was surrounded.
I basked in it.
Although,
I did realize
That if I were to read
And swing,
Swing
And read
while the rain trickled around,
My book would become soaked
and I would drown.

No comments:

Post a Comment